HD DA 15/4 AL ED Limited
This lens is almost identical to its predecessor, the smc PENTAX-DA 1:4 15mm Limited except for the following differences:
- The new HD coating reduces reflections more effectively than the SMC coating. This increases the image contrast especially with back-light conditions.
- The HD DA 15/4 Ltd. has a rounded iris diaphragm (from f4 to f5.6) to enable soft round rendering of out-of-focus objects like point light sources.
- The “Pentax 15” lettering on the top side of the lens barrel is replaced by “4/15”.
- The HD version is 23 g lighter than the SMC version.
- The HD version is available in black or silver while the SMC version was available in black, only
|Exact Name||HD PENTAX-DA 1:4 15mm ED AL Limited|
|Year of Introduction||2013||2013|
|Sold with Hood||built-in|
|Sold with Case||soft case: leather|
|Optical Formula||8 elements in 6 groups|
|Aperture Range||f/4 ~ f/22|
|Number of Aperture Blades||7|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||0.18 m|
|Maximum Magnification||0.15 X|
|Special Features||aspherical element(s), extra-low dispersion element(s), Super-Protect coating|
|Filter Diameter||49 mm|
|Maximum Diameter||63 mm|
|Special Features||Quick Shift focus|
|Cap||dedicated metal cap No. 31525 (black) or No. 31500 (silver)|
|Fitting Hood(s)||built-in hood|
|Fitting Case(s)||soft case: leather|