Backs for the Pentax K-Mount Bodies
Bulk Film Backs
For extended time-lapse photography, laboratory work or fast-action photography Pentax designed two bulk film backs: for the LX and for the MX. Also available are a film cartridge and a cartridge loader. The older models designed for the Spotmatics fit also on the K-bodies.
Data backs were used on analog bodies for imprinting date, time or other information on the film during exposure.
- The Data Back F (for SFXn/SF1n and SFX/SF1) and Data Back Fb (for all SF-series bodies) imprint date and time information in the following formats: year/month/day, month/day/year, day/month/year, day/hour/minute, AM-PM/hour/minute, blank.
- The Data Back Fc (for Z-10/PZ-10), Data Back Fd-1 (for Z-1/PZ-1), Data Back Fd-P1 (for Z-1p/PZ-1p), and Data Back Fe (for all other Z-/PZ-series bodies) offer the following operation modes: blank, month/day/year, day/month/year, year/month/day, day/hour/minute.
- The Data Back Fg (for ZX-10/MZ-10, MZ-5/ZX-5, MZ-3, ZX-5n, MZ-7/ZX-7), Data Back Fi (for ZX-50/MZ-50), and Data Back Fj (for ZX-M/MZ-M) have the following operation modes: blank, month/day/year, day/month/year, year/month/day, day/hour/minute.
- The Data LX (for LX) and Data MX (for the specially modified MX Data body) imprint an analog-clock image with hour, minute, and second hands in orange with black background.
- The Data MD (for K2 DMD) uses four SR44 batteries, and offers adjustable brightness for ISO 64-400 film. It imprints an analog-clock image with hour, minute, and second hands in orange with black background.
- The Dial Data LX (for LX), Dial Data ME (for ME and ME Super), and Dial Data MX (for MX) feature three dials that record: year/f-stop, month/alphabet/shutter_speed, date/number. There are settings are for three film speed settings, and for color or B/W film.
- The Digital Data M (for ME-F, SuperA/SuperProgram, ProgramA/ProgramPlus, and MG) imprints year/month/day, hour/day, or hour/minute. It can be connected to the ME Super with the help of the Digital Data cord M.
- The Interval Data Back F (for all SF-series cameras) imprints date and time information in the following formats: year/month/day, day/hour/minute, AM-PM/hour/minute, 6-digit random number, letter 2-digit counter, blank. It also offers interval shooting with the following parameters: start time, interval length, frame number, time exposure, pre-charge signal of an external flash.